The Catering Operations Manager ensures the successful execution of catering events for HandCut Foods and its catering division, ChefField Events. This person drives the strategic and operational planning of catering events, coordinates personnel, oversees pack-outs and pack-ins, manages inventory, directs off-site catering set-ups, and conveys company standards for quality and safety.
This position works directly with the Executive Chef, Catering Sales Manager, Commissary Operations/Logistics Manager, and Catering Director.
- Prepare event orders and supporting operational documents to ensure effective execution of catered events
- Become well versed in catering software (TripleSeat); entering and modifying orders, providing staff instruction, etc.
- Schedule daily coordination of all catering orders
- Communicate with Catering Sales Manager to collect all pertinent information and details necessary to produce successful catering event execution
- Manage equipment inventory and supplies required to execute events successfully
- Have all collateral material prepared and ready for each order (menus, tent cards, etc.)
- Ensure all necessary tools and equipment required for each order are available and used according to established standard guidelines
- Provide onsite event support as needed to ensure high quality event execution
- Coordinate efforts with outside vendors; Place orders for rental equipment, linens, and china as needed in coordination with catering managers
- Train personnel in:
- Delivering excellent hospitality to all guests
- Standard operating procedures related to deliveries, buffet set-up, and client interaction
- Stocking, rotating product, managing pars, and ordering inventory
- Marketing and presentation standards
- General cleanliness and HACCP compliance
- Prepare and organize weekly staffing schedules to meet budgeted labor goals in coordination with the school foodservice manager
Submit your resume and show us how you are a great fit for the team at HandCut Foods!Apply Now